Owning a Samsung Galaxy phone means the bonus of getting monthly updates to address security issues, fix bugs, and deliver new features. For the month of July, Samsung’s best phones are starting to see fresh software, including the Galaxy S22 series, Galaxy Fold 4 and Flip 4, and the older Galaxy Fold 2.
For now, the changelogs for these July Galaxy updates are only suggesting that security patches are included without any other improvements. Specifically, each update “provides the most up to date Android security patches on your device.’ The Galaxy Fold 2 is getting “performance improvements” too, which is fun.
Should we discover additional features, we’ll be sure to update this post and let you know.
The new builds for each device are as follows:
- Galaxy S22: S901USQS3CWF2
- Galaxy S22+: S906USQS3CWF2
- Galaxy S22 Ultra: S908USQS3CWF2
- Galaxy Fold 4: F936USQS3CWF2
- Galaxy Flip 4: F721USQS3CWF2
- Galaxy Fold 2: F916USQS3JWF3
UPDATE 7/13: Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy S21 FE, Galaxy A53 and A54 receive updates. Most are the July update, but it appears the Note 20 series is a month behind.
- Galaxy A53: A536VSQS8CWF6
- Galaxy A54: A546VSQS4AWF2
- Galaxy Note 20: N981USQS4HWF5 (June update)
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: N986USQS4HWF5 (June update)
- Galaxy S21 FE (5G 2022): G990U2SQS6EWF1
- Galaxy S21 FE (5G): G990USQS8EWF1