Free Fire as a battle royale title has garnered widespread popularity, which has further expanded with the release of Free Fire MAX in 2021. Although the improved version is a mobile title and is available on Android and iOS platforms, gamers can still play it on their PC/laptop using emulators.
Many Android emulators are available for download on the internet, and these software programs allow gamers to simulate an Android smartphone on a computer. Popular alternatives include BlueStacks, NoxPlayer, MEmu Play, and LD Player.
Players on PC/laptop undoubtedly have the edge over mobile users while matchmaking together due to the advantages of keyboard and mouse. The developers have addressed this disparity by creating a dedicated emulation matching pool for ranked matches. Thus, even if there is a single emulator in the lobby, users will be paired with other PC players.
Steps to downloading Free Fire MAX on emulators
Most popular emulators feature the Google Play Store, and users can utilize it to download Free Fire MAX. Here are the general steps to follow:
Step 1: Once the desired emulator is installed, gamers can open the Google Play Store application.
Step 2: Players to employ the search box to look for ‘Free Fire MAX.’ Several results will be displayed. They must then choose the game and hit the ‘Install’ button.
Step 3: The MAX version will be downloaded and installed on the devices very soon. Users can play by logging in using their accounts.
Since the accounts being utilized are the same as those used in Free Fire, players will not be required to establish a new one and will be able to continue their progress in the old one.
Requirements for some top emulators
- RAM: 2GB (4GB for x64 system)
- CPU: 2 cores x86/x86_64 Processor
- OS: XP SP3 / Win7 / Win8 / Win10
- HDD: 5GB of hard disk free space
- Latest Windows DirectX 11 / Graphics driver with OpenGL 2.0
- Hardware Virtualization Technology shall be enabled in BIOS
- RAM: 1.5 GB of RAM
- CPU: At least a dual-core processor
- OS: Windows XP SP3 / Vista/ 7 / 8 / 10 and DirectX 9.0c
- HDD: 1 GB available under installation path, 1.5 GB available hard drive space
- Supports Open GL 2.0 or above
- RAM: At least 4GB of RAM. (Note that having 4GB or more disk space is not a substitute for RAM)
- Processor: Intel or AMD Processor.
- CPU: Microsoft Windows 7 and above.
- HDD: 5GB Free Disk Space.
- Up to date graphics drivers from Microsoft or the chipset vendor.
Meeting these prerequisites ensures that the emulators will work on PCs. However, the game may lag if users have inferior specifications.
Many popular YouTubers actively play on PC since it is also easier to stream and create content, while some have achieved incredible success.